Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekly Goals 4/16: Clothes' organization, exercise and reading


We are feeling somewhat more recovered after Holy Week and then another busy week following that. Despite the busyness, I did fairly well with my goals:

Family Goals
  • Love my husband.

Personal Goals

  • Exercise three times for 30 minutes each time: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
  • Read "The Tightwad Gazette" by Amy Dacyczyn. Okay, so I didn't realize this book is nearly a 1,000 pages! I am about halfway done now, so I'm making progress.
  • Vacation Bible School: Wish list, leaders.

Home Management

  • Finish filing and organization in second bedroom.
  • Post flyer to sell desk and lamp.
  • Make a dish to take to the potluck on Thursday night.
  • Chop onions for freezer. I cried my way through it, but it's done!
  • Burn the pictures on my computer to CDs (my computer is nearly 4.5 years old and it's starting to concern me at times...).

Blog Goals


My husband will be out of town this week for two days, but that doesn't mean I get to take it easy! I have quite a list of goals for this week (like normal for me!).

Family Goals
  • Love my husband.
Personal Goals
Home Management Goals
  • Organize my winter and summer clothes: switch out seasons, purge what I don't need (or what no longer fits!).
  • Vacuum.
  • Oil change and tire rotation for my car.
Blog Goals

6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you are reading "The Tightwad Gazette" all the way through! It has so many tips I just keep the book on hand and look for particular tips as needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so I have to confess that I'm not reading every. single. word. Ha! There are some sections that totally don't pertain to me, but for the most, it's a very interesting book. I also looking back to life in the 90s! :)

      Delete
  2. I read it and loved it. It really is worth reading cover to cover. I ran out of time on the library renewals but I made it to 965 pages so I have to get it again to finish the last few pages. Let me know how the last few pages are so that I know if I should get it out again ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear a good review, Alison! I'll let you know about the last few pages. ;)

      Delete
  3. Such a good idea to burn your pictures on CDs in case the computer crashes...I totally need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a painstakingly slow process, but I am so glad it is done!

      Now I just need recommendations on a new computer...anyone?

      Delete

I enjoy hearing from you! Please let me know if there's something specific you're looking for!